- Your content, research, or study
- Linking your content to the appropriate scholarship in your field
- Demonstrating new insight and knowledge of the scholarship within your field
- The structure and organization of your article including appropriate methodology
- The overall written quality of your article
As I am in the process of competing a research article it has come to my attention there are five key elements, phases, or hoops to jump through. While there are many other rudiments that could be added to this list the five points are key areas I struggle with. Although, this list is numeric all five elements are extremely important and are stressed equally. At the time of this writing I have finished 1, 4, and 5; but are in the process of completing 2 and 3. Let’s hope I am able to produce the appropriate product within 24 hours….